ABOUT THIS SHOW
When a museum guard decides to touch a famous Rembrandt painting, a remarkable journey across the ages ensues. Spanning centuries of human experience, Jessica Dickey’s The Rembrandt movingly explores the power of creative expression and the sacrifices we make in the pursuit of love and beauty, reminding us that though our beliefs may die with the sound of our voice, it’s the love we share—and the art that love inspires—that finds eternity.
Hailed as a “talent to watch” by the New York Times, Jessica Dickey is an award-winning actor and playwright most known for her play The Amish Project, which opened Off-Broadway at the Rattlestick Playwrights Theater (Helen Hayes Award, Barrymore Award, among others). The Rembrandt was commissioned and produced (then titled The Guard) by the Ford’s Theatre as part of the Women’s Voices Festival and was awarded the Stavis Award for Playwriting.
Casting Note: The role of Henry/Rembrandt will be played by Francis Guinan (9/7-10/22) and Joe Dempsey (10/24-11/5).
- Author Jessica Dickey
- Director Hallie Gordon
- Scenic Design Regina Garcia
- Costume Design Jenny Mannis
- Lighting Design Ann G. Wrightson
- Sound Design and Original Music Elisheba Ittoop
- Company Vocal Coach Gigi Buffington
- Artistic Producer Aaron Carter
- Casting Director JC Clementz
- Stage Manager Laura D. Glenn
- Assistant Stage Manager Brian Maschka